2021 U.S. WOMEN’S AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
Prior to participating, participants must review the SCGA’s Policies & Procedures.
- All players will participate in an 18-hole stroke-play qualifier.
- Qualifiers will advance to the 121st U.S. Women’s Amateur Championship August 2 - 8 at Westchester CC in Rye, NY
- The final number of qualifying spots at each site will be available from the Committee on the day of play.
- In the event of a tie for the last qualifying place or an alternate’s position, there will be a hole-by-hole playoff immediately following the conclusion of regular play.
STARTING TIMES & PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings will be emailed to players and posted online at scga.org/tournaments/champ-cal/usga-qualifiers one week in advance of the qualifier.
- There will not be a player registration process on the morning of the qualifier.
- Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off. Players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late.
- Certain supplies, such as tees and ball-marking pens, will not be distributed until further notice.
- The driving range at each site will be available one hour prior to the first starting time. Range balls will be provided.
- Players should arrive on-site no earlier than one hour prior to their starting time and should limit driving range usage to 15 minutes.
TEES & YARDAGES:
- Play at all sites will be from the USGA tee markers.
- Refer to the Yardage Information section on the Event Portal for hole-by-hole yardages.
QUALIFYING SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Bear Creek GC:
- Practice Rounds: Practice rounds will be available based on availability on Mon-Fri after 11 a.m. & Sa-Sun after 12:30 p.m. Practice round fees: $75/walking or $95/riding. Call the golf shop at (951) 677-8621 to book your tee time.
- Tee Markers: Play will be from USGA tee markers, (Blue/White combo tees). Please refer to the Yardage Information section on the Event Portal.
- Food Service & Purchases: The snack bar will be available from 7:30-3:30 for to-go-orders only. All major credit cards are accepted. Cash is not accepted. Players should plan accordingly.
Soule Park GC:
- Practice Rounds: Contact the golf shop at (805) 646-5633 or go to souleparkgc.com to schedule a practice round. Standard rates apply.
- Tee Markers: Play will be from USGA tee markers (Avocado Tees). Please refer to the Yardage Information section on the Event Portal.
- Food Service & Purchases: The snack bar will open at 7 a.m. (patio dining only). Cash or major credit cards are accepted.
RULES OF PLAY
RULES OF PLAY:
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and The R&A Rules Limited govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the USGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be emailed to players the day prior to the qualifier and distributed on-site.
- Distance-Measure Devices: Permitted during qualifying rounds.
- One Ball Rule: During an entire round, each ball at which the player makes a stroke must be the same brand and model as found in a single entry on the current List of Conforming Balls. Model Local Rule G-4.
- Groove and Punch Mark Specifications: Local Rule as prescribed in Section 8 of the Committee Procedures is in effect, except as modified by the applicable championship Entry Application. Model Local Rule G-2.
- Prohibiting Use of Certain Types of Shoes: During a round, a player must not wear shoes with spikes of any design that are entirely or partially made of metal, if such metal may come into contact with the course. Model Local Rule G-7.
- Information on Green-Reading Materials can be found here.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy.
GOLF CARTS & PULL/PUSH CARTS:
- During a round, a player must not ride on any form of motorized transportation except as authorized or later approved by the Committee. Model Local Rule G-6.
- Players seeking to use a golf cart due to a medical or ADA-related reason must contact the USGA in advance of the qualifier.
- Pull or push carts (including motorized pull or push carts) are allowed.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Players may provide their own caddie.
- Spectators are permitted but are not allowed in carts. Spectators must adhere to all policies set forth by the club.
Appropriate golf attire must be worn, including adhering to any club-specific policies.
CANCELATIONS & REFUNDS:
To withdraw prior to the start of the qualifier, a player must contact both the:
- SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, AND
- USGA Championship Administration Department at email@example.com.